Monday, March 9, 2009

Augmented Reality.... Demented Idea!

Ok... so this is the part that has been majorly on the back burner for the entire length of the project so far. During the last few days ( and after a few short nervous breakdowns) I decided to look into the situation a bit further. I must say Im incredibly glad I did! Turns out that the route I had planned using the ReacTIVision® software was probably the most difficult I could have chosen. What I had origionally thought was going to be some straight-forward adjustments to code turned out to be a mini nightware. I would have had to create the videos in Flash, learn how to put them into a PD file and then start fiddling about with ports. This would have been fine had it been the only part of my project but I still have quite a vbit to do with the XML side of things so I have had to look for another road to travel.

I have since taken some time to refocus and have found some far more suitable software to use called the ARTag toolkit. This is the same software which is being displayed in the video which I have already displayed on this blog to explain Augmented Reality. I have installed the software and got the images displaying. No I just need to replace the graphics with ones which I have made (or rather have still to make). It's far more realistic in the time frame and it's looking like I will get it finished in time.

0 comments: